Monday, March 11, 2013

The Profound Prophet

As I've alluded to in the past, the Universe we all share is full of wonder, deep mystery and profound anomalies. The more you open yourself to these facts the more the Universe talks to you in this way.

Here's the thing.
Last weekend I had an incredibley vivid dream, the details I'll reveal later on this blog, but for now all you need to know was that it turned out to be profoundly 'Prophetic'. The very day after the dream I was contacted by a mutual friend of a certain Brandon Graham (King City, Prophet) who wanted to know if I would be interested in getting involved with the Image comic Prophet, a super cool book that I'd only just become aware of but had been bowled over by. I immediately said yes, though warning that my 2000AD work would have to come first. Brandon and I then got in touch and we started to talk about what we might do together on the book. Here's the real thing...I told him about my dream and that I thought it might make for a good background for a story. Then he very generously sent me a copy of a future cover to the series...

After a moment of sheer amazement it sank in. The cover clearly was connected with my dream. It was as if I'd done the illustration myself after jumping out of bed with the dream still playing in my mind. It was an image directly taken/borrowed/downloaded/channeled from my dream!!

So...that job I half mentioned in my last post is Prophet...by order of the wondrous, mysterious and profoundly anomalous Universe!

1 comment:

Simon said...

Hi Dave! I just wanted to say how excited I am to have you on prophet. I'm a huge fan, and you will be bringing some serious class to the whole shebang.

Simon Roy
(simonamroy a gmail dot com if you want to email!)