Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Batman design

No, it's not part of DC's new reboot, it's something even more exiting. I proudly present to you, the world, my three year old daughter's interpretation of The Batman, created as my father's day card! (with her consent I should add!)
Batman has been a part of her life for most of her life, with pages and sketches laying around our home for the past few years as I work on my book. I may have introduced them to each other, I take full responsibility, but she's grown fond of him in her own way and to show me how much she loves the caped crusader she insisted on drawing me this card. Obviously I was thrilled. It's a heck of a thing to get from your own child, especially being such a Batfreak myself!


10 comments:

Rol said...

Cool - artistic talent is obviously in the genes. That's excellent for a 3 year old - kinda Bill Sienkiewicz style, too!

D.TAYLOR said...

She's not a big Sienkiewicz fan, but then I havn't read her his Hendrix book yet so we'll see!!

Mangamax said...

Ha! Brilliant stuff and so cool too. She's gonna blow them away when she gets to school!

antonio said...

She has the skills no doubt about it!! :)


JESUS ANTONIO

Rizz Rustbolt said...

7 heads. She has a good eye for proportions.

D.TAYLOR said...

Hehe! Yeah, I noticed that too Rizz. And it's not like I've been teaching her such things! Should I be worried?!

SiFraser said...

My 7 year old doesn't observe as well as that. Classy work for a 3year old indeed. You might get a year of free studio assistance out of her before she gets her own book ;)

Rizz Rustbolt said...

You don't have to start worrying until she starts foreshortening correctly. Then you'll know that the unthinkable has happened... That you have spawned a comic-book artist.

Wiggz said...

Is this the variant cover?

Anonymous said...

Woah. She is a incredibly skilled artist for her young age. I mean, have you seen the legs? THE FEET? I learned hat kind of positioning when I was 10 and still they weren't that good. Unbelievable.