Thursday, September 09, 2010

A 2000AD tattoo!

A friend of mine, who's mind has clearly been badly affected by reading 2000AD as a child, commissioned me recently to design a new tattoo for him. Here it is.

As you'll see, if you have any understanding of tattoo creation and the golden rules applied, I've used "too many lines", something that one must never do when seeking the perfect, long lasting tat. Lucky for me, the guy physically engraving my friend knows how to fix this (basically ignoring all my wiring!) and assures us both that it will look ace on completion. Fingers crossed! It's not like I can fix it in photoshop!!

While I was working on this, I couldn't help remembering with a smile the second issue of 2000AD which came with a free gift, something not a million miles away from my design.

Here's the cover...I actually still have the free gift somewhere, but it would take too long to find it so this will have to do...AIEEEEEE!

4 comments:

Sean said...

Thrill power overload!

D.TAYLOR said...

cheers guys. I'm waiting to get a photo of the finished arm! will post that when I have it.

DamonO said...

Speaking of commissions, do you accept commissioned penciled comic art requests? I'd like to one day commission a piece from you.

Joe Middleton said...

That aieeee! is the sound you make when you try and take these biotronic stickers off...