Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dredd: Road Stop


Only two days to go (colouring) and I'm finished on Dredd: Road Stop. It's been a great story to draw and I thank Mr.Gordon Rennie for supplying such a fun and very Dredd Dredd.
Here's part of a pencil (yes, pencil...no ink!) panel that I finished yesterday. I had to post this, not thinking it gives too much away, because it sums up for me how cool it is to finally be working for 2000AD (weekly). Judge Dredd and a nasty Cursed Earth monster...what more do I need?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustration.

Randall Ensley said...

Dave,
From a guy who has a bunch of progs from the 70's, my sincere congratulations. I understand how you must feel to be drawing Judge Dredd for 2000AD.
Sincerely,
Randall Ensley
PS-Are you familiar with the American artist Virgil Finlay? His heyday was in the mid-20th century, but his art is completely relevant today.