Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Joel Meadows, journalist and fellow blogger http://joelm1-joelmead.blogspot.com/ has informed me that his long anticipated book 'Studio Space' can now be revealed as a happening.
The book, coming out from Image next May, will be an insight into the work and processes of "the finest comic artists working today". If you've ever wanted to see the very core of some of the best comic book artists around, take a look at their studios and hear about how they got into comics in the first place then this is the book for you. It promises to be a must for fans and wannabe artists.
The list of artists included goes something like this...Brian Bolland, Tim Bradstreet, Dave Gibbons, Howard Chaykin, Gary Marshall, Bryan Talbot, Steve Dillon, Sean Phillips, Duncan Fegredo, Joe Kubert, Mike Mignola, Tim Sale, George Pratt, Tommy Lee Edwards, Adam Hughes, Sergio Toppi, Walter Simonson, Jim Lee...and little old me!
See http://www.newsarama.com/ for more details from the 5th of December.
I can't tell you how exited I am at being involved with such a great project.
Thanks so much Joel for asking me.

The image above is out of one of my sketch books that I've been rummaging through for images for the book.

11 comments:

Birdie said...

hey,
just wanted to drop in and lionize your work. i don't mean to epitomize a delirious fan but artwork-- especially comic work and the alike-- are really spectacular to me, especially because it's something i am very passionate about, as well. anyway, i caught wind of your page on drawn.ca and thought i'd leave a comment. great stuff.

Unknown said...

Dave I'm getting very excited about it all too as it's only a six month wait til it's actually out. Maybe you might consider coming to Bristol in May as we'll be doing a sort of launch there.

D.TAYLOR said...

Oh,I'll be at Bristol all right! Was going anyway but now I have an even greater reason than just having a few beers with my comic chums!

Shamus Murphy said...

Great Stuff! A worthy addidtion indeed. I'm sure this will be a great "must have" book for all pro and aspiring comic peeps. I have no doubt Joel will do a stellar job!

Unknown said...

Excellent, we'll have to grab you for a panel. Walt Simonson will be there too so hopefully it'll have you, Walt, Duncan, Sean, maybe Brian and Dave Gibbons…

Unknown said...

By the way, Gary Marshall is my co-writer on the book rather than one of the artists:)

D.TAYLOR said...

That's great news Joel. Colour me grabbed!
Walt gave me some very useful advice and help once, a really good bloke. It'll be wonderful to see him again.

Spud...stop making me blush!

D.TAYLOR said...

Joel...will Gary be at Bristol? I havn't seen him in years. Please say "HI!" from me :)

Unknown said...

Gary will be at Bristol. I think he bought some of your original art years back…

Unknown said...

You forgot Frank Miller too;)

D.TAYLOR said...

I didn't know about Miller! You think I'd leave him out if I did?!!
Thanks for the news Joel.